Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is generally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heat or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Kingston and keeping costs lower.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a yearly maintenance visit can help it run more efficiently and trim costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your air conditioning equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a huge advantage for keeping your utility expenses down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on HVAC expenses. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Focusing on how to efficiently work your thermostat is the easiest way to cut down on energy expenses in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outside temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your cooling bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can do a couple other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and move the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy expenses down. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 613-817-1591 or contact us online. We’ll help you choose the right product for your space. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.