Booking annual AC maintenance is useful.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning unit in Kingston running at its top performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also may even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several tasks you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a large dose of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your AC unit scrubbed and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or replacement, you might be waiting a long time for a technician. And that could turn awfully uncomfortable.
And for those with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning maintenance can be a requirement for your equipment’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and may decrease your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn upkeep by the outside condenser. Ensure there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your unit, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 613-817-1591, the initial thing we may do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure reliable cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and clogs.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to get rid of any accumulation from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your system is turning on, running and shutting down correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to confirm your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need further action, we are set to provide you the most economical option. Finding potential issues early can solve larger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you are seeking an updated cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to choose the ideal model for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your service? Contact us at 613-817-1591 or schedule an appointment online right away.