Planning annual AC maintenance is useful.
Checkups keep your air conditioning unit in Kingston running at its top performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also may even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several tasks you can do by yourself, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Home Services by Enercare, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are a few steps you can complete alone as you prepare for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Scheduled
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a big dose of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your AC equipment freshened and checked out. Delaying to turn it on until the first warm day of the year can be a gamble. If you have to have repair or replacement, you may be waiting days for a technician. And that may become extremely uncomfortable.
And for people with allergies, being well prepared with a clean air conditioning system will help ensure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning maintenance can be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Myself?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your air conditioner unit in the ultimate order:
- Put in a new air filter recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn maintenance near the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your unit, because this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Service Experts Home Services by Enercare at 613-817-1591, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the finer details. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working smoothly and potentially avoid problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and clogs.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to eliminate any accumulation from dust and weeds.
- Checking controls to ensure your system is switching on, running and shutting down like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your unit has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that involve further action, we are ready to provide you the most economical option. Finding potential issues early can solve larger troubles in the future. This also provides you time to plan if your air conditioner is getting outdated.
When you are seeking an updated AC system to help make your new equipment more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Prepared to request your service? Call us at 613-817-1591 or schedule an appointment online now.