There are a lot of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Kingston. But, there’s also that long list of must-do’s before the cold weather sets in. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking care of early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment arranged.
The team at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the dead of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Kingston, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to handle whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Kingston this year.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the cooler months.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if bigger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional benefits, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Kingston, give us a call at 613-817-1591 or schedule an appointment with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.