How Do You Check for Carbon Monoxide?

There are many vapors that could be in your Kingston house. Natural gas and vapors that derive from home furniture, flooring and paints. Not a one of them are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 613-817-1591 now to start shielding your family against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Detrimental to Your Health?

Carbon monoxide may be a serious issue, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is so unsafe because you cannot observe it, smell it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in small doses and can’t be filtered.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can leak into your residence during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Based on how big the leak is and the ventilation in a residence, it may become lethal in just a few minutes.

Once taken in, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are breathing fresh air, you will need five hours to get it out of your body. It requires another five hours to reduce that level by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide could also mirror illnesses that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no reason to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several steps you can complete to keep your family safe:

  1. Each home with at least one gas heater, connected garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide system. It’s necessary to have a detector on each level of your home, on top of the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 613-817-1591 to buy one. Ask our pros about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide systems.
  2. If you presently own a carbon monoxide detector, consistently check or swap out the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and get a new alarm every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, get out of your home immediately and call 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Assistance from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your house can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 613-817-1591 to learn more.


Our Health and Safety Commitment
At Service Experts, our top priority is always the health and safety of our customers and team. We are following all COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public safety guidelines and adjusting our business practices as needed to ensure customer and employee wellbeing. As a precautionary measure, anyone working on behalf of Service Experts – including our technicians – is being asked to stay home for the recommended 14 day quarantine period if they are returning from out-of-country, have been exposed to a presumptive or confirmed case, or are feeling unwell. We are providing our technicians and other field employees with additional health and safety guidance to assist in keeping our customers and employees safe. Please be prepared to answer brief health and safety questions with our representative. We will continue to monitor the situation and will adjust our business practices as required. We recognize that this may be a particularly stressful time and want you to know that, we are committed to serving you and making your experience as easy as possible.