Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many families in Kingston. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about busy schedules, but that dreaded Kingston heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Kingston heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 613-817-1591 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Kingston heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin noticing muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it may also be an early warning of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special considerations when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Kingston temperatures are more tolerable.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little more cool than usual. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.