Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Home Services by Enercare, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the proper advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you install both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and lowering your annual heating and cooling expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you may even be authorized for a discount since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Home Services by Enercare. We understand the expense of replacing your total system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 613-817-1591 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.