Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Kingston, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some factors to consider, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can last up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? Many homeowners are swapping out their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to deliver the correct amount of air to keep your residence comfortable. An updated air conditioner may need a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you get new units together.
Why You Should Install a New Furnace and Air Conditioner at the Same Time
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are adequately sized, there aren’t usually any large short-term outcomes. A mismatched setup is often temporary until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the greatest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and lowering your annual utility bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you get a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you may even be authorized for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 613-817-1591 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.