Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kingston.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These appliances are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected correctly.
- Confirm gas appliances are running accurately, including your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.