What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Kingston.

Here are several steps you can take to keep your family protected:

  • Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a major source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t operate ovens or grills for heat. These things are safe when used right but can produce carbon monoxide when used for a long period of time in little spaces.
  • Don’t use a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
  • Have your chimney inspected by a specialist. This confirms chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
  • Confirm gas appliances are working accurately, including your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.