What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by incomplete fuel combustion frequently caused by a lack of oxygen. In your residence, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not working properly or have been installed improperly.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces can also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is poisonous to the body and is lethal at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.