End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Kingston Home
An ordinary home squanders 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water each year on account of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to locate. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or split water supply lines can go unnoticed for years.
A water leak can be pricely. You’re paying for surplus water you don’t need, and leaks can wreak havoc on your home.
That’s why it’s crucial to find and stop the slightest leaks.
Kingston Home Services by Enercare is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the expertise for qualified leak detection and water line repair in Kingston.
6 Signs You May Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and repairing leaks are the most routine calls we receive for plumbing services. Finding a leak right away can help you avoid expensive water damage. Some leaks can be more difficult to spot than others, but there are several telltale clues that you need to contact a plumber in Kingston. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is more expensive than expected.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are rust stains in your tub, or your water looks rusty.
- Floors or walls appear moist or soft.
- You find water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s wet soil or erosion near your home’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you believe you have a leak but can’t see the signs, check your water meter:
- Ensure no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is typically a triangular dial or miniature silver wheel. If the dial is spinning, you probably have a leak.
We can identify the origin of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or by chance damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the spots water is used in your home, there are a lot of areas you could notice a leak.
Leaks can be caused by cracked seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, clogs and more.
They frequently occur:
- On water supply lines and connections under the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly kinds that are getting old
- In hot- and cold-water hoses connected to your washing machine
If you find evidence of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we endorse all of our work with a worry free guarantee.* Talk with us at 613-817-1591 or get a free quote online.